Monday, February 22, 2016

Look Who's Sweet Sixteen...

Today the little girl that made me a mommy is turning Sweet Sixteen!  How can that be?  It feels like just yesterday she came home from the hospital.  Fun fact:  I was so nervous bringing her home from the hospital that we brought her home in my grandmother's Crown Victoria...because those things are like tanks...and we avoided all major highways.  What should have been a 10 minute jaunt home, became a 30 minute long journey, but we made it home safely.



I had this little bundle of joy when I was 20 years old.  I know being the parent, I am suppose to be the teacher, but Kendall has taught me so much about life.  I am blessed to be her mom.  In honor of her 16th birthday, here are 16 Fun Facts about my Kendall.

#1  She never passes up a snack.

#2  Her laugh is contagious.

 #3  She LOVES Dr. Pepper.

#4  She can karaoke like nobody's business.


#5  She has lots of talents.


#6  She is determined.


#7  She needs lots of sleep.


#8  She can act like a Princess sometimes (I love you, Kendall, but you know it's true).

#9  She is a hard-worker.



#10  She is a follower of Christ.


#11  She loves people.


#12  She is helpful.


#13  She is a great friend.

#14  She is the Best Big Sister Ever! 



#  15  She has a tremendous amount of compassion for others.


#16  She is stunningly beautiful, on the inside and out!  


Happy birthday to my precious daughter!  I pray that you continue to let your light shine everyday.  I know that your love and compassion for people will lead you to do great things in the future.  I am so proud to be your mom!



I'm off to grab some tissues...sniff, sniff!  Have a great day, friends!

Emily

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday "Jentry's Kendall" as you are so lovingly known in our house! You made such an impression in the short time my little Kendall got to work with you at church. Thank you for being such a great role model for her and all the other kiddos who look up to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet!! I know she'll appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful mom/daughter combo......you are both blessed! Happy Birthday, Kendall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! So fun seeing all the old pictures of your beautiful girl!! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! We've had fun celebrating today!

      Delete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.