Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Valentine's Dinner with Olive Garden Inspired Alfredo Sauce

Before I "retired" I worked in the insurance industry.  I have a business degree, so that should be something I should be interested in, but unfortunately it was not.  I need something where I can express my creativity!  So now, I blog and get to release all my creativity...all I'm missing now is a paycheck!  But, I did meet some amazing people in the insurance industry.  About nine years ago, I had a thoughtful co-worker that use to cut recipes out of the Sunday newspaper and give them to me on Monday morning.  She knew I was a newlywed that loved to cook, but not savvy enough to subscribe to the local paper.

One Monday morning, there was a recipe on my desk entitled "Olive Garden Inspired Alfredo Sauce" fresh out of the Waco Tribune.  It didn't take long for it to become a legend around our house.  In fact, it may be my oldest child's favorite meal I cook.  Shout out to my oldest child!  Isn't she the cutest?


If you are watching your carbs, like me, or eating Trim Healthy Mama, use the Dreamfield's Pasta for this recipe.  If you are an Olympic Athlete, blessed with good genes, or just want the traditional pasta taste, go ahead and use regular, ol' full of carbs noodles.   No pressure!



For the alfredo sauce; combine an eight ounce package of cream cheese, 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1 stick of butter, and 1/2 cup of half and half (or milk) into a saucepan over low heat.  Stir occasionally until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.  I've tweaked the original recipe a little, and this is what we like the best.  You can also add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, if you're not planning on kissing on your sweetie that night.

Multi-tasking stresses me out...


My mom got us a handy, dandy grill pan for Christmas.  We have loved grilling on it inside this winter!  Because winters in Texas are brutal (insert sarcasm).


Once the Alfredo sauce has heated thoroughly, and the noodles and chicken are done; you are ready to plate up!

This is an easy Valentine's Day dinner to make for your love; or an easy week night fix!  I hope you love it as much as my family does!  Enjoy!

Xoxo,

Emily

P.S. I'm linking up with Full Time Mama and Rattlebridge Farms this week.  Check them out if you're looking for more yummy recipes!


4 comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.