This week is Spring Break for us....and it looks as if it will be raining most of the week. Boo! Kendall is on a trip with her Dad to Galveston and has already sent me water front pictures to make me jealous. It looks like they're going to have a great time, though. Jess just goes to preschool three days a week, but is on Spring Break, too, so we created a list of ten things we want to accomplish this week together. If you haven't noticed, I'm big on Top Ten Lists; which is weird, because I'm not a Letterman fan. #Leno #Fallon
Remember, this list was made by a four year old...
1. Make Cloud Sand. I was his "substitute" Sunday School teacher yesterday and his amazing teacher has this in their room as a center. We got it out and the kids LOVED it. I googled it when I got home and found this simple recipe. We are anxious to try it! It is messy, but all the best things are, right?
2. Make taffy. To be honest, I haven't even googled this one. I'm hoping he forgets about it. If not, we'll make the trip down to our favorite candy store, Mom and Popcorn's, and buy some. I don't feel like that is a task I am meant to take on. It's like that time we lived in Del Rio, Texas and I was determined to learn how to make tamales. Some things are just meant to be purchased.
3. Go to Open Gym at our local gym. This is a win/win, because the kids get to run around for a couple of hours and burn some energy while playing with their friends, and the mom's get to visit. Then, everyone comes home just in time for lunch and naps.
4. Play Games. Jess recently found Disney Scene It on the game shelf. This was Kendall's game originally, but new to Jess. He has been dying to play it, so it looks like a family game night is in our future. He has also been asking to play Uno. We played it a few times after Christmas and he is pretty good. He is a boy after my own heart; I love games! We will definitely get a few rounds of Uno in...probably while Jentry is napping. Shhh...don't tell her she's missing out.
5. Go to the local library story time. Jess is usually at wee school on story time days, but since he is off this week, we definitely want to make it.
6. Potty Train Jentry. OK, so this is more my goal than his. but I thought it would be fun to do it while he was home and could encourage her. My plan pretty much backfired yesterday because little sister wants nothing more than to be just like her big brother. If someone would invent a Potty Training Boot Camp to send kids to for three days, I would be the first one to sign her up!
7. Family Movie Night. I'm currently researching movies we haven't seen on Netflix and On Demand, Right now I'm leaning towards Turbo. but I would love any suggestions you might have.
8. Make a dessert. At first he said, make strawberries, which is impossible; and knowing I'm going to fail on the taffy request, I am determined to make good on this request. I see cookies in our future.
9. Read books. Consider it done, son! There is nothing I love more than two of my favorite people in my lap reading stories, This actually makes me a little giddy. Time, please freeze!
10. Go to the park. I would love to squeeze this in. Hopefully, the rain will let up a little and we can spend an afternoon at the park. My kids love being outdoors!
Those are our simple and sweet Spring Break goals. We'll see how many we can cross off our list. What are you doing this Spring Break?
Have a great one!