I graduated from LeTourneau University, undefeated in football since 1946...which is code for, we don't have a football program. My husband is a Sam Houston State University Alumni. The Bearkats (Why do they spell Bearcat with a "k"? It's weird. You would think an English Professor would have fixed that by now.) have had a great football team the past few years, but sadly their games aren't broadcast here very often, BUT that doesn't stop him from watching and rooting for other teams.
My husband is a HUGE Dallas Cowboy fan...like the mood of our home usually depends on how the Cowboys are doing. Mark is the most easy going person ever, but I see a different side of him when the Cowboys are on. It' pretty ridiculous.
(Jentry says, "Someone please make my Daddy stop yelling at the TV")
- What inning is it? (I'm a baseball girl, I can't help it!)
- Is this Tom Brady's team? He is so cute!
- I love the color combo of their outfits. (Mark's #1 pet peeve is when I call uniforms "outfits")
- Is that guy on your Imaginary Football Team? (Yes, I know it's really called Fantasy Football.)
- Have I told you lately how much I LOVE Terry Bradshaw?
- Is that the dude from the Blind Side? (Yes, I know what his name is and what team he plays for, this is purely done to annoy my husband.)
- Oh my goodness, their mascot is adorable. I am totally cheering for that team now.
- Why don't they show the half time show every game. That's the best part!
- Make fun of Tony Romo in anyway. It's pretty easy these days to come up with something. My husband loves Romo! I don't even know football and I know he needs to let that go.
I know what you're thinking, why does he keep me around? Because I make good game day grub, that's why! Here are a few ideas for your football watching parties that can be hearty and manly, but also low carb for us watching our game day physique!
Have a terrific Tuesday!