Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Un-Favorites #Ridiculous

You know the drill...usually I share five of my favorite things from the past week with you, but today I thought I would shake things up and share five of the most ridiculous things that have happened around here lately.


My kids look forward to the trash truck every week.  They're not huge Santa fans, but give them a loud, smelly trash truck, and they're in heaven. #ridiculous




Jentry got trapped at the top of the Burger King playground and my husband had to go rescue his damsel in distress.  How is it that they can always get up there, but never down?  And, why hasn't somebody invented an emergency exit that parents can do their rescuing from? #ridiculous



After we left Burger King, I sent Kendall this picture of me thinking she would think I was cool, with the caption, "And, I'll never be royal..."  (from the Lordes song).  I received a text back saying the words are actually, "And we'll never be royals." and that I was doing the duck face all wrong.  
Like there's a right way to do the duck face.  #teenagers #ridiculous



My four year old son is a jelly connoisseur.  Like, he won't eat any other jelly, unless it's from Sarabeth's in New York City.  What's even more ridiculous is the fact that some of my family members (Hi Mom, Hi Rhonda) actually contribute to his ridiculousness and buy him jelly when they're in NYC, or have it shipped to him.  He even took his jelly collection to show and tell recently.  #ridiculous



Enough of Downer Deb!  We've actually had a great week.  As much as my kids keep things interesting, they are such a joy, and I am blessed to be able to soak in these moments with them. 

If you want to get caught up on my blogs from the past week, here's what you missed...


Menu Planning 102: A Whole Month's Worth of Meals


 Product Review Thursday: Protein Shakes


 Hope you all have a blessed weekend, with no ridiculousness!  

Emily

I'm linking up with the Friday regulars...












26 comments:

  1. I am so loving this Friday favorites because it is so stinking real! My oldest boys love the trash truck too so every Friday morning when he comes that's one of my fondest memories! Your little guy and his love of those jellies, oh my goodness that cracks me up! Hey, he knows what he likes! I happen absolutely love your duck face but let me tell you oh my boys would tell me I'm doing that wrong too if I sent them a pic like that. Critical teenagers, LOL! Happy weekend to you beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the trash man knows how much he brightens the day of children everywhere! They just wave and wave at him! :)

      Delete
  2. So adorable that they love the trash truck. Mason has always been crazy about the mailman. Probably because he brings fun stuff every once in a while. So hilarious that he took his jelly for show and tell. I bet that was a first for the teacher. Haha! Too cute. Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UPS Man is popular around here, too!
      Yes, they were suppose to take something that begins with the same letter as his name. He was so excited when he realized jelly and Jess both start with J. Funny guy!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dara! I've gotta find a way to laugh at these ridiculous situations!

      Delete
  4. Okay, the potty training picture is cracking me up! Hilarious!
    And I've totally been there with rescuing a kid from the top of play equipment...in a dress.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, there's no way I could have done that in a dress. I looked at climbing up before I convinced my husband to, and it looked like a tight fit!

      Delete
  5. Baha ha! Oh my goodness this was so funny! I vote for unfavorites at least once a month from now on. I "can't wait" until my girls are teenagers :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Beth!! You're going to have TWO teenage girls, that's TWICE the fun! ;)

      Delete
  6. Your unfavorites are so cute! I loved the jelly one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the joys of exploring new potties!! ha! Hilarious! And I always get song lyrics wrong....woops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot that newly potty trained toddlers are obsessed with public bathrooms. It totally grosses me out! I have lightened up on child #3...I use to be a total germaphobe!

      Delete
  8. This is GREAT!! Wrapping your own toilet... Priceless!!!
    And I'm with you. Is there a wrong way to do the duck face?!?! HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No telling how many times her hands touched the toilet in order for her bottom not to! Ugh!!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Love all of these ridiculous favorites...thanks for "keepin' it real!" The duckface incident made me laugh. My teenage daughter always deletes my comments off her instagram pictures. I guess it is uncool to have your mom comment on your instagram feed. But I keep doing it, leaving comments like "love you" or "beautiful." Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my hardest not to comment on my daughter's Instagram, but sometimes it's too hard!!! I do always give her a "courtesy like" on her pictures, though. :)

      Delete
  10. EMILY!!! This is the best ever!! Love that you hashtagged each one and I was totally laughing out loud over three! I think you do a fab duck face!! :) bahahahaa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Thanks, Katie!! I hope you're having a great school year so far!

      Delete
  11. Stephanie gets so aggravated with me because I can't do the duck face right, either. It's like something has totally gone wrong in the last 20 years and I feel like I've lost my top lip and so it never turns out very pretty. We can take 40,000 pictures, and she still won't be happy with any of them and/or I look retarded! I've just learned to smile instead! I thought you looked cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! Aren't you glad "selies" weren't out when we were a kid. Even if we did take a "selfie" on our mom's camera, we would have had to waited 5-7 days until they were developed to see it! Ha!

      Delete
  12. OMG.... Emily... I am cracking up after looking at the picture of your little sweethearts watching the trash truck!! Also, I remember crawling through one of those indoor play yard hells to rescue my #1. I had the dry heaves through the whole thing. When I reached her she laughed with delight that her Mommy came to play with her. I still have nightmares. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! That's why from now on we will never go to a playground without Daddy! Besides, I felt like I needed to bathe them in bleach after that!!

      Delete
  13. Mason loves our lawn guy. He'll stand at whatever window he's mowing by and scream until he waves. The whole jelly thing is too funny and your #Ridiculous. Public restrooms are the worst. Why is it that no public restrooms have toddler size toilets? It's kinda scary being that little have to sit over a giant hole and hole yourself up, all while trying to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we hire our neighbor, who's a high school boy, to mow our yard my youngest kids think it's the greatest thing and yell for hum through the windows the while time! :)

      Delete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.