Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Recipe Club: Sopapilla Cheesecake

Today I am sharing one of the recipes I have made the most over the last eight years.  My mom and I took a music appreciation class together at the local community college.  One of our assignments was to go to a nearby coffee shop to hear some live music (and write a report about it).  While listening to the music I decided to grab a cup of coffee and a dessert, because...well, duh!  Even though I am not a huge cinnamon fan, I decided on the Sopapilla Cheesecake.  It was so good when I got home I immediately googled it to try and find a recipe.  I came across this recipe from Mommy's Kitchen and made it soon after.  It is perfection.  


I am not kidding that I have made this recipe 7,895 times.  In fact, when I made it for the photographs I was taking it somewhere (which is why it's in a disposable pan).  I have made it for family reunions, church events, pot luck, neighbors, Supper Club, Bunco, teacher luncheons; you can even pass it off as a breakfast, brunch option.  And, in honor of Father's Day, this happens to be one of my Dad's favorite things I make.  Have I convinced you to make this yet?  OK, let's get started!

Here's what you need:  2 rolls of crescent rolls (if you can find the seemless sheets, even better), 2 packages of cream cheese (softened), 1 and a half cup of sugar, 1/2 stick of butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and cooking spray (not pictured).


Spray the bottom of your 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.  Unroll the first tube of crescent into the bottom of your dish and press the seams together lightly.


In a blender mix both packages of the softened cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and 1 Tablespoon of vanilla until combined.  Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls.


Open the second can of crescent rolls and gently place it over the cream cheese mixture.  Lightly press the seems together.


Melt half a stick of butter and pour it over the top of the crescent rolls.  Sprinkle half a cup of sugar evenly over the butter, then sprinkle cinnamon over the butter and sugar.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are browned a little.  


I meant to take a picture of a slice, but I never seem to bring any home when I take it somewhere.  I made it the next day for Supper Club, and again...no leftovers.  There aren't many things in life I will guarantee, but I would be willing to *almost* guarantee anyone (even non-cinnamon lovers like me) will love this recipe.  Most of you know that I follow a Trim Healthy Mama, low carb, no sugar lifestyle.  This is absolutely NOT one of those recipes.  Fortunately, there is a THM friendly Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe out there.  It's not butter and crescent rolls, but it's worth a try.  


If you're looking for an easy, crowd pleasing recipe for a special Dad in your life, I hope you will give this a try.  What else is on your Father's Day menu?

Today I am linking up with my blog buddy, Johannah for her first ever Recipe Club.  Be sure to check her blog out for other yummy recipes.



27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so good! You should try it.

      Delete
  2. This stuff is SO good and SO easy, always a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely me "go to" dish when I need to take something somewhere. I know the recipe off the top of my head AND I know there won't be leftovers. Win win!

      Delete
  3. This looks absolutely amazing!!! I know that my hubby would LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the linkup. This is a hot amongst my husband's office, too. I've made it before, eaten a piece and then sent the rest to his work. :)

      Delete
  4. All I can say is that my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! You can't go wrong with crescent rolls, right? :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness that looks heavenly! I am going to have to try it! I am loving all these recipes! Thank you for linking up with us today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting, Heather. There were some good looking recipes today. I can't wait until next month!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness... I'm with Amanda- my mouth is watering:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll make it and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  7. I have made something like this before....it's a huge hit and my tastebuds are getting excited just looking at your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! You're right, it is always a hit! That's why when I take it somewhere I use a disposable pan...I can just throw it away because I know there won't be any to bring home.

      Delete
  8. All of my favorites...a must try for Bunco night in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is perfect for Bunco night! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! And, the best part...it's super easy!

      Delete
  10. This is one of my favorite desserts!! I will admit that I have even eaten a piece for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I usually take it to Sunday School when it's our turn to help with breakfast. Who doesn't like dessert for breakfast? :)

      Delete
  11. I love sopapilla cheesecake! Yours looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of our favorites, too!

      Delete
  12. Thank you! It is yummy and super easy! I hope you'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a gal I work with that brings this to our Christmas Teacher Brunch every year. It is all gone. The only dish that ever is. I know exactly what this taste like. You are right, it is not for the health freak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not healthy, but a good treat every once in a while. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  14. My mother in law makes a great sopapilla cheesecake! I've never attempted it, but now I might. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy & always a hit when I take it places. Let me know if you try it.

      Delete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.